- I just want to state that this is simply my way of orgnaising my web project content. It is by no means the only or best way to do it -
- Make a list of things you need your website to have. Usually this means an about page, a home page with some pictures on it, so pictures, whatever linked in videos you might want, blog pages, games and widgets, sellable products, postage prices, downloadable content, etcetera. Don’t forget to buy your domain name and set it up with a host!
- You need to split your list into two: one with things that you can do by yourself, and things that you will need to outsource or collaborate on.
- Working item at a time down your list of things you can’t do by yourself, and organise for them to be begun on. You can’t always know how long something will take, especially if you aren’t doing it yourself, and you don’t want to leave things to be waited on after you are finished your part.
- Make sure you are finished your entire list on step three. You don’t have to wait for everything to be finished, just make sure that you have got the ball rolling on each.
- Rank your “I Can Do myself” list from the most basic things to the more difficult. Then, when you are deciding what to do next, you can judge your time frame so that you can get the appropriate tasks finished when you start them.
- Get going on your second list.
- While you are doing number six, don’t go back to previous parts or dawdle on little finicky details. This doesn’t help with your progress. I know that you are avoiding doing something that you hate – the sooner you do it, the sooner it will be over with. Also don’t spend all your time double checking on external work. Yes you need to check on it. No, not every day.
- After when your second list is finished will be where you want to finalise your first list. Collect everything, make sure you have copies, and then incorporate it to your site
I know that these are just basic organisational strategies, but I always find it easier to remain organised when I have a clear guide set out for me.
Enjoy your project, and I hope your site is a huge success!